It’s all your summer memories whisked together to create a perfect cake that is fragrant, wholesome and the longing company which your cup of tea desires. The orange glaze adds that extra tang which layers over plump cake slices and soaks in its glorious flavors and texture.
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1 cup of powdered white sugar
1/4 cup of olive oil or sunflower oil
Pinch of powdered cinnamon
3/4 cup of freshly squeezed (Valencia) orange juice
1/4 teaspoon of vanilla essence
1/3 cup of freshly squeezed (Valencia) orange juice
2 teaspoons of organic honey
1/4 teaspoon of corn flour
1 tablespoon triple sec or black rum (optional)
Orange Cake Method:
1. In a bowl, sift flour with the baking powder.
2. Using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the eggs till fluffy. Add powdered sugar to it gradually and beat well.
3. Slowly add oil continue beating for approx. 1 minute or until combined.
4. Add pinch of cinnamon powder, orange juice and the vanilla essence. Beat well.
5. Next, add half of the all-purpose flour to the mix and gently combine. Add the remainder of the flour and combine thoroughly.
6. Using a cake mold of choice, grease inside with butter or oil spray. Pour batter.
7. Bake in oven for 25 minutes at 180ºC. Using a toothpick to make sure cake has baked.
8. Remove cake and cool in room temperature.
Orange Glaze Method:
1. Mix all the orange glaze ingredients and cook on low flame for 3-4 minutes.
2. Slice baked cake and pour the orange glaze on top of cake and serve or pour over whole cake.
– Pre-heat oven before baking cake.
-Add orange rind for extra flavor to the cake batter.
-Avoid pulp in orange juice.
-Avoid contact of fresh juice to the peel of the orange skin to prevent from bitterness.