I find solace whilst cooking or baking in the kitchen, all within the comfort of my own surroundings.
A prospect by Lootah Premium Foods in association with Galeries Lafayette (Gourmet) Dubai was extended my way to participate in their fantastic first-of-a-kind Meet the Blogger Days initiative that would place a spotlight on food bloggers of U.A.E. The foremost activity scheduled for the event was LIVE cooking undertaken by the bloggers in a public viewing, which prominently would include fans, followers, friends, family and so on.
Excitement, overwhelming emotions and nervousness took over, as personally, I had little or no near experience cooking live but I braved and accepted.
Extremely glad that I did, as it was the more enthralling experience as part of my food blogging passion to stand in front of a crowd proclaiming my LOVE for food, my blog and mostly importantly cooking with passion.
A perfect dish that capsulated the freshest and unique produce was my Herb Mushroom Pasta with Truffle Oil that tantalized the taste buds of the crowd as well as the Chef. A lasting memory of the event would be watching the crowd run back for seconds! Winning!
Massive THANK YOU those that took the time down to come and support as well at Lootah Premium Foods and Galeries Lafayette Dubai for the great opportunity as well as Chef Adrian for his assistance and nerve calming charm.
Proud to have shared the stage with the brave ladies from Fooderati Arabia as well!
Herb Wild Mushroom Pasta with Truffle Oil
1 cup uncooked fettuccine or penne pasta
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon unsalted butter
1/2 cup diced white onion
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 cups mushrooms, cleaned and diced (shiitake, oyster, porcini, button)
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano leaves
1 cup chopped tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 cups mushroom, chicken or veal stock
1 ¼ teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil leaves
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
4 teaspoons truffle oil
1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
1. In a utensil of choice, place over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and butter to the pan. Once the butter melts, add the diced onions and sauté until translucent, about 3 to 4 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often until liquid has mostly released, about 10 minutes.
4. Add the chopped thyme, oregano, tomatoes, tomato paste and stock to the pan and bring to a boil.
5. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until the liquid has reduced and thickened, about 20 minutes.
6. Season with the salt and pepper, and add truffle oil to the pan. Stir to incorporate.
1. In a large pot add water and bring to boil over high heat. Season water with a pinch of salt.
2. Add pasta into the boiling water and stir until the water returns to a boil.
3. Cook the pasta until al dente or desired taste. Once cooked, remove the pasta and drain.
4. Pour the pasta into a large plate or bowl and spoon the sauce over the pasta.
5. Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano and garnish with chopped fresh herbs.